Summer is upon us with its bright skies, hot weather, swimming and outdoor parties. However, an unwelcome guest that is always trying to bug us, is the ever hungry mosquito. Well, as luck would have it, we have just the list to help keep those flighty little creatures away from your next barbecue.
1. Wear Light Colored Clothing – Turns out these pesky things are attracted to dark clothes. Keep the summer spirit alive and wear bright colors and lightweight clothing. That sundress will look fantastic and keep the bugs away.
2. Specialty Candles and Lanterns – The sun is setting and it’s lovely weather to sit outside and have a cool drink. What better way to enjoy the mood than with candlelight? Luckily, stores all over sell different varieties of candles and lanterns that keep the bugs away and keep the ambiance alive.
3. Keep an Eye out for Stagnant Water – Mosquitoes breed in water that doesn’t have any flow, so make sure to keep water moving! Pools need to be cleaned, bottles capped and any toy water guns emptied so there’s no way the bugs can make anymore little biters.
4. Bug Repellent – There are bottles of lotions and sprays to put on during the summer that help keep away unwanted pests, but remember to read the directions. Many of these convenient products wear away after just a couple of hours.
5. Call Us – For the most secure way to keep the mosquitoes away, contact us to help keep your next outdoor party safe from bugs that bite. We have a state of the art misting system that will keep you, and your lawn, summer ready.